knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Summer '05 bag is finished. . .now working on a cardigan for my nephew.

I went out this morning to Fabric Place and bought cute summer fabric to line my summer bag, finally--now that it is the end of July. . .
**This pattern is from the premiere issue (Fall '04) of Woman's Day Knitting & Crocheting.



bag handles from bagworks.com


Finished bag:


lining inside (I hand-sewed in while sewing up the side seams of the bag with yarn):


I'm currently working on a cardigan for my nephew who was born this past April. It's in Tahki Cotton Classic in a chocolate brown color. I plan to put sports-themed buttons on it when I'm finished.
**The pattern is from the old Knitting Digest called Precious Jewel Baby Set {there's matching hat, booties, and blanket}. It used to be available free online but now that the magazine is Creative Knitting, I don't see it anymore. If interested, I'd email the editor at Creative Knitting and inquire about the July 2003 issue and this pattern.



closeup of the stitches:

Labels: ,


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 3:19 PM |


2 Comments:

Blogger Michele commented at 4:30 PM~  

Nice bag! I even love the lining! Way to go!

Blogger *karen commented at 2:47 PM~  

I like the stripes...can't wait to see the cardigan :o)

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela