knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Saturday, November 04, 2006

A better fit.

So I frogged (rip-it! rip-it!) my son's bear vest. It was too small and kept riding up on him. Not all my fault--in the last few weeks he's had an amazing growth spurt.

Here is the re-knitted front and back using size 8 and 13 needles and knitting size 6 instead of size 4 (my son's going to be 3 in two weeks). Yarn=Plymouth Encore Worsted in Cocoa:

front:


back:


Pictures of him wearing it after I sewed on the glass eyes from here, you can tell it fits (he's a very reluctant model)!



Labels: ,


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 4:55 PM |


2 Comments:

Blogger Laughingrat commented at 7:17 PM~  

That is very, very cute. Somehow I missed the glass eyes before. Glad it fits him now!

Blogger Michelle-Nicholle commented at 2:41 PM~  

That vest is adorable. I know what you mean about swaps. I have had three successful ones and this time it seems to be a dud. She got the package this time but hasn't posted that she received it on the blog yet. Also I'm getting down to the wire on Xmas projects and I'm starting to twitch when I get near yarn. Argh!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela