knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Monday, January 29, 2007

Good & Plenty Socks

That's my new name for these socks. The colors of this Regia yarn remind me of licorice and the Good & Plenty candy box and the colors of the candies.


Once upon a time there was an engineer
Choo Choo Charlie was his name, we hear.
He had an engine and he sure had fun
He used GOOD & PLENTY candy to make his train run.
Charlie says "Love my GOOD & PLENTY!"
Charlie says "Really rings my bell!"
Charlie says "Love my GOOD & PLENTY!"
Don't know any other candy that I love so well!



One sock done and the other in progress on the size 2 needles.




a basic sock pattern done in knit 5, purl 2 ribbing.

See what I mean?


All my sock yarn--the Jawoll and the Plymouth Sockotta were the most recent purchases done with a gc to a local yarn shop that I got for Christmas from my husband:

That's five pairs that I can make with all of this--yay! I'm really curious to see how the Sockotta knits up--it's got real pretty hues of light pink, mauve, white and blue. The Jawoll is pretty too--solid deep mauve but the picture doesn't show that there's a shimmer throughout.

B requested a pair of socks when he saw my finished Good & Plenty one. He took his sister's socks off of her feet, put them on his hands to prove his point.

Now I'm going to look for patterns in preschool size or hope he forgets!

Labels:


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 11:31 AM |


1 Comments:

Blogger joyce commented at 10:41 PM~  

great socks!
my son requested red socks after he saw my finished practice sock =)

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela