knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Gypsy Mesh Pullover

Something for me? For this Spring? Made on time? We'll see.
From this issue of Interweave Knits:

(Spring 2004)

I want to make the Gypsy Mesh Pullover (no picture unfortunately--but I'll post one soon) designed by Norah Gaughan. It's made with Reynolds Gypsy--a course cotton that may not be fun to work with but the finished result will be substantial and sturdy, I believe. I have the color Gold that the pictured pattern was made in as well. I purchased this yarn at "Snow Goose" in Milton, MA--the only time I've been there and it is a gorgeous yarn shop. I actually bought this yarn right after I got this issue of IK (spent a ridiculous sum of money on it but I needed to make this sweater right then you see) so I've had the yarn for three years . . . just . . . waiting . . . and collecting dust in it's see-through plastic bag. I brought my then 5-6 mo. old son with me to the store (he's now almost 3 ½!). I remember trying to navigate in this delightfully cramped store (though not thinking so delightfully at the time) with his big bulky carriage--I was that desperate to yarn shop! I must get to this store again!

Anyway, I promise pictures of the finished Good & Plenty socks -- the toe to be grafted tonight on the second sock -- and pictures of the yarn and pattern of the Gypsy Mesh Pullover next posting.

As for the designer, Norah Gaughan, well it seems I might have to get her book:


My eyes are drawn to her knit designs. As I was flipping through my notebook full of patterns, I noticed that I have a lot of hers and never realized it. Whether it is from IK or Vogue's KnitSimple, her designs are simple yet elegant--I guess they are attractive to me anyway.

Labels: , , ,


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 8:38 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela