knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Friday, May 11, 2007

dos = 2

My 3 ½ year-old son is taking Spanish lessons in preschool and this was written on one of his practice sheets. I thought it an appropriate title for this entry as I just finished "twin" sweaters for twins-to-be-born to a co-worker's daughter--real soon!

Finished!




Very simple sweaters from my new Kids' Knitted Sweaters and More book. I didn't do the stripes that were called for in pattern--just solid red. She doesn't know their sex so I figured red is a good choice for either. They're about 18 mos. size so around Christmas '08, they should fit. I hope they're not too bulky though!! I'm actually thinking of knitting some for my kids for next Christmas for their pictures. These sweaters are knit completely in the round from the top-down. I've never knit an in-the-round sweater before nevermind a top-down one--it's so efficient and simple, love this method.

The first sweater went quickly and then because of the somewhat boring stockinette solid coloring, etc. the second one went much slower. It's also been about 80 degrees and humid lately here so I just haven't wanted to pick up the bulky yarn.

I used Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Bulky in Red. I think I'd use the recommended Lamb's Pride Superwash Bulky next time.

Labels:


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 9:02 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela