knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Monday, March 12, 2007

Big eyelet row--phew!

turned into being a big pain in the you-know-what-row. I had to rip back about five times to get it right--it's not difficult at all, you just really need to concentrate on this pattern. The ability to concentrate while I'm knitting these days doesn't happen regularly.

You can see the 'big eyelet row' in this picture along with some progress beyond:

In working the row immediately above the eyelet row, you're supposed to knit one, purl one, knit one in the double yarnover of the big eyelet row--that took me a little while to figure out too. I mean there's only two stitches and the pattern wants you to work three stitches--huh? You end up increasing a stitch each time and although the pattern says this, I couldn't figure out how. I finally got it.

I have since put a lifeline in this project (I removed the lifeline before taking the pictures yesterday-- but, believe me, it's back in--very necessary for this project). As soon as I got the 'big eyelet row' right, in went the lifeline.

I made a mistake too:

The yarnover is off too far to the left. I can hardly tell so I didn't bother ripping back to it--it doesn't bother me. I really don't know what I did unless I knitted in Row 1 pattern when I should have been knitting in Row 3 pattern at this point or vice versa.

Also, C is starting to show an affinity toward string:

(future knitter?)

Labels: , ,


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 8:17 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela