knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Quick Cowled Tunic

Pattern: Quick Cowled Tunic designed by Jill Gutman Schoenfuss/"January 2009 Creative Knitting."
Finished Size: 47½" (chest); 24" (length). Tunic is meant to be oversized; size Small.
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Worsted Colorspun 75% acrylic 25% wool; (100 g {200 yards}): #7990 Drifting, about 5 balls.
Needles: Clover Bamboo US 8 24" circular, US 8 straights for cowl.
Comments:
Beginner Knit. It fits wonderfully and it's so warm. On the cold days we've been having this Winter, it's perfect! I love the color too. The pattern calls for Caron yarn, but I liked using the Encore instead.



And Haste Makes Waste. I originally sewed the cowl on backwards, had to pull it out, and do it over--hence my disdain for finishing work. I also did the shoulder seams over as I didn't have my finishing book handy originally. I have no patience for finishing . . . .

More pics:




And the start to Ollie (stay tuned)!

Labels:


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 7:31 PM |


1 Comments:

Blogger jagent designs commented at 12:10 PM~  

This came out wonderful! Love the colors!-Jill Gutman Schoenfuss

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela