knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year, New Projects, Christmas Vacation, etc.

Late this Fall, I treated myself to this book by cookie a:


I first heard of her at The Creative Stitch in Hingham. One of the nice women who work there was telling me to get on ravelry and to download cookie a's patterns for socks (after telling her I love to knit socks).

So, I also became a member of Ravelry. I'm a newby so I'm not that great at updating my projects, but this site is awesome, I can see that!

COOKIES!
**(Yes, I had my two cookie swaps to go to this year)**

Baker's Soft & Chewy Chocolate Drops



4 squares BAKER'S Unsweetened Chocolate
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 ½ cups flour

Glaze
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
6 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate

COOKIES:
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar; mix well. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.

SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls; place, 2 inches apart, on lightly greased baking sheets.

BAKE 8 min. or just until set. (Do not overbake.) Let stand on baking sheet 1 min.; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.

GLAZE:
PLACE frozen whipped topping and semi-sweet chocolate in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 ½ min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is shiny and smooth, stirring after 1 min. Let stand 15 min. to thicken. Spread over cookies. Let stand until glaze is set.


Christmas
I hosted Christmas dinner this year and we had a roast, salad, creamy au gratin potatoes, and squash (from our garden) for dinner. It was delicious! I also made a pumpkin pie and fudge for dessert along with my mother-in-law's awesome raspberry linzer cookies, among other treats!

I'm home with the kids this past week for Christmas vacation. It's been hectic, fun, stressful, everything. We saw "The Princess and the Frog," shopped at the South Shore Plaza, stayed in and played with Christmas toys because it was zero degrees outside, and today made these Wilton Gingerbread Pops (marked down at Michael's). Talk about a royal disaster. What a mess--I need to lighten up about it, but talk about microscopic candy beads everywhere when your six year old decides to dump the bag upside down!!!!

the pictures don't tell the whole story:






NEW PROJECTS:
B requested a scarf. He is in kindergarten now and just turned six-years old. So FULL OF ENERGY, it's crazy. He picked the colors and I did this sketch with his help:



We also shopped for the colors today at Michael's, laid them out to the sketches and I am going with the first order (black next to yellow). So it will go:
Black, yellow, orange, brown, blue, ending with black:





I can't wait to get knitting this TONIGHT!! Nothing makes me more happier than being INSIDE on a cold New Year's Eve night with my loved ones, knitting under a blanket.

***I also bought lavender yarn for C's Vintage Owl vest, stay tuned.***

NEWS!
Oh yeah! I wrote a letter to Creative Knitting Magazine and it got published in the January 2010 Issue! It's on newstands now, CHECK IT OUT! :) :) :) I'm excited about it anyway.

Labels: , ,


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 4:56 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela