knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Monday, February 01, 2010

B's Scarf!



It's finished--yay! B is enjoying wearing it to kindergarten and in this cold, cold weather we've been having.

I wove a ton of ends in on this one and then sealed the knot with some fabric glue. The scarf curls in on itself as it's mainly stockinette--but I kind of like that effect as it doesn't show the 'wrong' side of the knitting.

Yarn is acrylic, Vanna's Choice in black, mustard, terracotta, chocolate, and colonial blue. I repeated these five colors eight times.
Ten rows of each color with size 8 bamboo straights.





I'm now knitting the same patterned scarf with Herrschners Worsted yarn (acrylic). I want to knit two of these but C's will have to wait (I'm knitting MINE first!). I'm modeling this after a Gymboree scarf I saw but it matches my ice pink winter jacket!

Labels: ,


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 9:29 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela