knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Knit Therapy

My holiday season was stressful. Not in the ordinary/last-minute-shopping/frantic-meal-preparation/insane-decorating kind of way. That I wouldn't have minded. In fact I was ready for that kind of stress. I was looking forward to B's 5th Christmas at 4 years old--the Christmas where they are so believing in all of it.

Now, don't get me wrong, Christmas turned out to be very fun but I just wish I didn't have a breast biopsy looming in the background to worry about. Right after Thanksgiving I was called back due to 'calcifications' in my left breast after a baseline mammogram.

Got good news on Dec. 26th that it is all negative/benign. Thank goodness, but coming down off that kind of worry is not as easy as it appears to sound. That's where the knitting comes in! It's definitely a stress-reliever but it was the last thing I wanted to do for most of the month of December.

I also obviously have not been on here to blog. I keep writing that I'll be on here more often and then there's always something to stop me--dag it all! I have read no blogs either--not in the mood--I'm slowly getting there.

Here's B's sweater progress (I had a whirlwind of knitting enthusiasm recently especially during yesterday's snowstorm):





I plan to finish it by the end of this month!

Labels: , ,


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 7:16 PM |


1 Comments:

Blogger Joanne Rendell commented at 9:34 AM~  

poor you to have a holiday season dampened by that kind of worry. however, yay, that the results were negative! the sweater is beautiful, by the way. happy new year!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela