knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Gypsy Mesh Pullover

Pattern: Gypsy Mesh Pullover/Spring 2004 Interweave Knits
Finished Size: 38" (96.5 cm)
Yarn: Reynolds Gypsy (100% Cotton; 82 yd/50g): #423 gold, I used 10 skeins as pattern called for
Needles: Clover Bamboo US 8 (5mm) circular
Changes: One minor one. I bound off the neck edging knitwise instead of purlwise--I liked this bind off look better.
Comments: I came across knots in the middle of at least two skeins--very annoying--especially what I paid for the yarn.
I like this particular style completed in the cotton fiber, and overall I'm pleased with the quality of the yarn--nice drape and it makes for a sturdy garment. The color is another thing that attracted me to knit this pattern up in the first place so I'm pleased with the gold--it goes with a lot.
I will wear this a lot--especially Fall and Spring. I love it. I've already worn this twice this weekend! I wore it to my cousin's wedding with a skirt and it was great with jeans on another day as well!



Labels: , , ,


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 8:11 AM |


2 Comments:

Blogger Joanne Rendell commented at 9:44 PM~  

i love that yarn. have you read "The Friday Night Knitting Club" by the way? If you haven't, you should order it now. The main character knits a dress in a gold yarn, if i remember correctly...

Blogger BerryKnitty commented at 8:45 AM~  

thanks, joanne!
haven't read that one, but I'll put it on my must-read list for sure.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela