knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Monday, February 04, 2008

twisted cables pullover




Pattern: twisted cables pullover designed by Mary K. Hobbs/Kids' Knitted Sweaters & More by Cabin Fever Designers
Finished Size: 24" (chest); 15" (length); 10" (sleeve length); size 4 years.
Yarn: Butterfly Super 10 (DK Light Worsted Weight) mercerized cotton; (230 meters/125 g {220 yards}): #3995 persian, about 2¼ hanks
Needles: Clover Bamboo US 8 (5.0 cm) 16" circular, US 6 (4.0 cm) 16" circular, US 6 24" circular, US 6 set of dpns
Comments: An intermediate knit--a nice challenge but not too challenging. I think my son will be able to wear this sweater the remainder of this Winter and during our cool Spring days into next Fall since the yolk 'stretches' due to the cable ribbing. I love this knit in the mercerized cotton--it has a beautiful sheen! Unisex in style and color so my daughter can wear it once my son grows out of it. Knit from the top down, with no sewing--love it!






From a recent Martha Stewart Living magazine (I think the December 2007 or January 2008 issue, in the "Good Things" section), someone gave me a page torn from it with a how-to on 'tangle tamers' for yarn. Basically, you take a cookie tin (or some other tin you have lying around that works best), prime and apply a coat of oil-based enamel paint in any hue to the outside of the tin and lid, let dry overnight, get a grommet kit from your local hardware store, and presto! No more knotty yarn.




Labels: , ,


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 7:47 PM |


3 Comments:

Blogger Joanne Rendell commented at 9:28 AM~  

that is just the prettiest sweater! and i love the yarn/box idea. with kids around, i'm sure that is a blessing.

p.s. thanks for your comment on my blog. please only fill your amazonian baskets with copies for your family and friends!!! if you'd like, i'd love to send you a signed copy when it comes out. A thanks for being such a cool blog-sista!

Blogger BerryKnitty commented at 10:54 AM~  

A signed copy would be COOL! I have a couple of friends already in mind when I 'fill' my basket . . .soon. I'll let you know.

Blogger Barrie commented at 12:24 PM~  

Oh my goodness. You are so talented! Gorgeous sweater.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela