knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Friday, May 09, 2008

Still suffering from 2nd sock syndrome

It's been a while! Three months and I haven't picked up the needles in that entire time. I'm itching to pick them up again soon though--I'm just not excited about the socks for some reason.

Have you seen these books? I want them:




Traditional Fair Isle Knitting by Sheila McGregor has just what I want in fair isle patterns--I want to make myself a winter hat for next winter with hearts all around in pinks and mauves--I'm imagining it, I just need to get it on my needles.

Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel was kind of a surprise--I didn't think I'd like it from what I read about it, but I picked it up in the bookstore to browse and most of the beautiful patterns are simple and done in the round (which I love).

Maybe in June when we have our "Healthy Returns" come in work, I'll get my gift certificate for the bookstore and get at least one of these for free. . . .

I need to finish the socks though, otherwise I never will. It's raining today, maybe I'll give it a go. After those are done I really want to accomplish a couple of sweaters for C with the yarn I got a few months back at Knitting Pointers in Milford, MA; then of course my hat . . . . here we go again.

The kids gave me some really sweet Mother's Day gifts today that they made in school:

From B, a hand signing "I love you"



From C, a card with her little handprint and sweet smiling face:

Labels:


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 10:49 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela