knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Berry Sparkle Scarf

Pattern: Berry Sparkle Scarf Pattern Number L0417 from Lion Brand (Free Pattern).
Yarn: Vanna's Choice 100% acrylic (100 g {170 yards}): #148 Burgundy and #149 Silver Grey (1 ball ea.).
Vanna's Glamour 96% Acrylic, 4% Metallic Polyester (50 g {202 yards}): #189 Garnet and #150 Platinum (1 ball ea.).
Needles: Clover Bamboo US 10 straights.
Comments:
Beginner Knit. The pattern calls size 10.5 needles, but I used size 10. I changed the colorway: substituted Burgundy for Magenta; Silver Grey for Charcoal Grey; Garnet for Jewel; and Platinum for Moonstone. The pictures below don't really capture the sparkle that's in the scarf. I plan to use this as an accessory around my belted silver turtleneck I wear at Christmas. Finished the scarf last night.




Here are some more pictures of Baby V's blanket when it was still on the needles:


Labels: ,


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 1:02 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela