knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spiraling out of control!

Right now, my knitting addiction is spiral and flouncy scarves. Can't stop knitting them!

This pattern was found on the internet. Simple pattern of:
Cast on 100 sts.
Knit next row.
K1 YO next row (200 sts)
Knit next row.
K1 YO next row (400 sts)
Continue in pattern until you have 1600 stitches.

I find you may want to use a light weight yarn for these scarves--they're lighter and fluffier that way.









I used Department 71 Sweetheart Sequins yarn in Grape Slush. 93 yards / 50 g per ball (you'll need two balls for scarf). 60% Acrylic/40% Polyester. Cute little heart sequins in the yarn but can be a pain to knit with as they catch on everything.

The intended recipient of THIS particular scarf is C. Here she is trying it on:



More spiraling to come.

Hit the "Super Bowl" sale last week at The Creative Stitch and got some Happy Feet yarn. Can never have too much sock yarn after all.

Labels: ,


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 12:07 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela