knitting by my hands and from my heart

The yarn stash just keeps on growing! I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, and a friend who works in Corporate America, lives in the Boston, MA area and is always looking for more time to knit.

Knits4fun at hotmail dot com

    Snap up a button! berry_knitty_button.jpg berry_knitty_button_a.jpg berry_knitty_button_b.jpg
Cool Webrings
    Yarn Tomato Arcylics Anonymous

Previous Posts
Links Shopping Blogs I read I ♥:
    Eloise

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Teddy Bear Tea Party

Today at the guild was the "teddy bear tea party" for all of us knitters who knitted an outfit for a bear that will be donated to Dana-Farber.

I am happy with how mine came out. A little 'squaw.' Different. I didn't win any of the prizes--not even honorable mention--competition was fierce! It was fun to be there, have the day off, knit, eat cake, drink coffee, have lunch and commiserate with the other knitters.

Here are some pictures of my bear's miniature cowichan cardigan (pattern link in 3/28/12 post) as it was worked. I didn't post these pictures along the way, because it was 'top secret' as to what we were going to dress our bears as.



duplicate stitching the thunderbird in back:














I knitted a headdress from the border design--casted on 241 sts:


He'll go to a good home and make a patient happy:


just some of the stiff competition:

Labels: ,


link | posted by BerryKnitty at 4:52 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela